Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy ? Christmas-time

It's been hard to get into the swing of things this Christmas. Maybe it's been the warm spring-like winter we're experiencing. At least today we finally have 1/8" of snow on the ground.

I've gone through the motions. Put up the decorations. Listened to Christmas music. Watched a few Christmas movies. I've been cranking out Christmas cupcakes (blog post to come...). But still - - - nothing.

I haven't been able to put my finger on it. Perhaps it's in my head? But today, Honey left for work and I stayed in bed longer to read. After a while, when I heard my bedroom door open, I just assumed it was one of the kids. So, I clicked my phone off and decided to pretend I was still asleep. It was Honey bringing me some fresh Starbucks hot chocolate. And in a brief flash, I felt it. That Christmas thing. The one that feels like magic? I don't know if it was something he said, or something about his surprise delivery? It's not completely abnormal for him to come back with hot chocolate like that. But I'm relieved now. That feeling really still does exist, I just have to find it now and get it to stay.

In the meantime, I have 48 more cupcakes to bake and deliver. I have a lot of wrapping to do. I have to plan all of the food, purchase, prepare, bake, etc. for our family. Oh man...and do I need groceries. I've got to get that over with. The longer I wait, the crazier it's going to get at the grocery store. I can't wait to finally hit the point where we can just lay around in our jammies.

No comments: