Monday, February 28, 2011

This's and Thats's

I am better. I mean, like someone flipped a switch over night better. The first day I thought I was better only lasted a couple of hours. Getting up, showering and driving to Sassy's ballet class was all I could handle. After that, I felt like my body was going to collapse. So I spent some more time laying on the couch and took it very easy for the rest of that day and went to bed early. Again. The next day when I woke up the difference was amazing. I feel cheerful. I can taste food. I can actually run up the stairs and zip around the house the way I like to zip around the house. Thankfully I did get better. I did help myself to, I think, three different trips to the smoothie place for a protein shake with added immunity and a shot of wheat grass. I think it helped.

I currently have 3 stars in every available level of Angry Birds. And it took me FOR EVVVVVER! And now I'm annoyed that I'm at the mercy of the Angry Birds people, waiting impatiently for an update so I can keep going. COME ON!!!!

I haven't baked a thing in too long. Having sick children and being sick and now being completely behind in every possible way because of the sick people has made me less motivated to start something new. However, I get to do a baby shower cake this week. I'll post you some photos.

My dearest friend Miss Landee of Landerson Estate has finally awakened to the wonderful world of Jane Austen - or more specifically, Pride and Prejudice. All is right with the world. Not only did she try it, she loved it. And I'm loving every minute of it. We very giddyingly watched the BBC version with the handsome Colin Firth (as the handsome Mr. Darcy) all afternoon. A glorious way to employ our time, I dare say. I then watched the Kiera Knightley version. Again. I've seen it a countless number of times. There are things I like and things I dislike about each version, but the tension and the joy and the wittiness never fails. Never ever ever. Today I started listening to the audio book. I'm so tired of hating to get my things done around the house, so I'm employing the assistance of my ipod to keep me from dying of boredom. Or to save me from a complete lack of self-discipline. Perhaps this increase of exposure to Pride and Prejudice will assist me in becoming a more accomplished young lady. Yes. Young. Okay?

I'm very annoyed that my kids aren't done with the school year until June 4 and that the following year begins on August 1. What the heck is going on around here? And that leaves me annoyed that we have an entire two weeks off for spring break. Can't we just have a 4 day weekend or something and get a longer summer? Dumb. But after a weekend of crazy children who couldn't stop flopping around, giggling, running, arguing, misbehaving and the like - I dread spring and summer break.

I have decided to try WEN for hair. I have a freaky, unnatural attachment to my hair, and it's been looking a little sad lately. Dry, dull and split on the ends. I like my hair to be shiny and touchable and - I told you it was freaky and unnatural. Anyway, I am reserving my verdict for now. I've only used it for three days. Not only do I have to figure out if it's worth the effort, but I still have to determine how much it's going to cost in the long run. You know. I will say that immediately it is softer. It's so much easier to comb out when I get out of the shower. It takes longer to dry. It's fuller, my color looks better and I can't see as many splitty ends. Just sayin'. However, I know that sometimes things work really good for a week or two and can then suddenly become not so great. So we'll see. I have also decided to try Bare Minerals makeup. My mom and a couple of my sisters have been using it for a long time. My dear friend, Miss Landee of Landerson Estate, uses it. Her skin always looks luminous and healthy and shimmers just the right way in the sunlight. So after months of mulling it over, I pulled the trigger. Just got it this afternoon. I will obviously have to reserve my judgment on that as well until I've used it for a while.

Anyway, so that's the deal. Not too exciting. Not too lame either. See you around.

4 comments:

Markie23 said...

Glad you're feeling better Stands! I'm working on my 3 stars too, but it seems like an impossibility. You've given me hope.

E said...

Glad you're well again! Got all 3 stars on Angry Birds too, needed a new bird game, so I've been playing Tiny Wings and I feel like I can fly. If you don't have it yet, I recommend.

The McLaughlin's said...

1) Glad you're feeling better.
2) Your angry birds thing was completely random.
3) You need to abbreviate Landee's name.
4) What is WEN? I guess I'll have to google it.
5) I love Bare Minerals, but my face never looks luminous.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Luminous is the overstatement of the year. But thanks for not mentioning my adult acne and crows feet. You're a peach, I dare say!

Where are the pics of your baby shower cake??