Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Miscellaneous Nonsense


Ok, I can't stand it. This is my new friend. As I sit here on the couch with my Sassy, snuggling, I'm listening to my iTunes and posting on my blog. Awesome!!! (singsongy)

I haven't posted in a long time. Sorry. I have lot's of plans. A lot of pictures from our trip to WY for Easter. I'll get around to it, I promise. I'm also working on the recipe blog, and finally got my lasagna posted - a whole week after I made it. Speaking of the recipe blog, if you are reading this, be a pal and head on over there. Add yourself as a follower! We would LOVE it. Thanksss!

So if you can believe it - I got a jury summons! Are you kidding me? The last time I got one was a few days after Sarah was born. It was actually quite fun sending in my response. I told them I would be happy to serve, but that I would have to bring my newborn with me and breastfeed her every 2-3 hours. Obviously, I got out of it. This time, I have plane tickets to MT. They couldn't really tell me I can't go, can they?

Speaking of MT, I have 15 lovely happy rapidly passing days before I can get on that plane (alone) and fly the 2 hours (alone) to Billings (alone) so I can spend a night with my sisters. We'll be chitty-chatting, shopping and eating that Friday night, then attending TOFW on Saturday. Afterwards, they all have to go home, but I have another night alone and most of the day on Sunday (also alone) before my plane leaves to come back home. I haven't had much alone time in the last several months. Can you tell?

In other news, I went into the study today and happened to find Sammy ripping up the carpet. Yes. Ripping. Up. The. Carpet.

In her defense, this 10 year old dog has never, in her entire 10 years, ripped up carpeting. Not happy about it, but I was quite sure there had to be a good reason.



Mmmmm hmmmm. A mouse. When sitting quietly in the study, there is a very unmistakable and audible sound of nibbling. I'm not kidding. We don't know where the mouse is, but all evidence points to behind the wall somewhere. Yikes. We'll be setting a trap in there tonight to see if anything happens. In all honesty, I'd trade a mouse for jury duty any day.


4 comments:

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Oiled-spay! (singsongy)

I don't envy the mouse though. If it's only one then I have you beat by 21 mice. Yeah, we had issues.

Can't wait for the sheep vests post!

Memzy said...

I knew there was a reason Denvah sucked. It's the meeses.

The McLaughlin's said...

A mouse in your house? Yuck...that's almost worse than a spider. Just think, two weeks after your short weekend in Billings, will be an even longer weekend in Red Lodge...alone! Yay!

Sox said...

I want jury duty. Every time I get it, I end up moving away before my date or having some other immovable plan.