Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This Week's Nonsense

Tiny Little Annoyances - at least a few

  • "Mom....mom....mom...mom..mom.mom mom mom momomomomomomomomomom..."
  • That fingernail I knicked with the razor that's catching on everything.
  • Saying everyday, "I thought I asked you to (fill in the blank)."
  • Plugging in my straightener and realizing that it just won't get hot anymore.
  • Sonic.
  • That laundry that needs to be folded.
  • Sweat, in nearly every situation.
  • When I see someone writing about something sweet, but spelling it like sweat.
  • Unexplained little aches and pains.
  • Anything lost.
  • The same episode of Max and Ruby or Little Bill the 500th time.
Tiny Little Joys - at least a few
  • The rainbows that dance on the walls in my living room every afternoon when the sun comes in through my prisms.
  • A text from a friend.
  • Sassy asleep on the couch, the boys outside playing and the dogs napping - all at the same time.
  • The first big sip from my Rt44.
  • Sonic.
  • Every other Wednesday.
  • Any opportunity to see my sisters.
  • Hearing any child saying, "Thank you mom!"
  • Anytime Honey puts his arm around me or holds my hand.
  • Fun mail.
  • A good smell in the house, like cinnamon.
  • Anyone eating anything I've cooked or baked and truly enjoying it.
  • The puppy making sucking noises in her sleep or having hiccups. Awwwwwww.
And what are some of yours?

3 comments:

Memzy said...

Um. Why is Sonic in the annoyances category?

StandsMom said...

Actually, it's in both. It annoys me because it's THERE. Have you tried the Cherry Limeade Chiller? Deadly. But it's also one of my favorites. I carry it around on my backside for all the world to see. :)

The McLaughlin's said...

Ha! I can't believe they have a cherry limeade chiller now (it's been awhile since I've been to a Sonic)! I cannot count the number of cherry limeades I drank while pregnant with Ethan, it's frightening! I can definitely see how it's both annoying and joyous...isn't that just food in general?!