Thursday, September 3, 2009

Remember the Speeding Ticket?

:::::swig of soda:::::sitting down, arranging papers so I get the facts right:::::leaning back with my macbook in my lap:::::sighing with relief because Sassy is asleep on the couch next to me and the boys won't be home from school for 35 more minutes:::::

Begin.

This is killing me, btw, cause I'm SO sucked into the book and I want to keep reading and reading and reading. But because I'm so devoted to my blog fans, all 6 of you, I'm (there's a puppy licking my ear.....) stopping my reading to share this awesome story with you.

So, got the speeding ticket back in June. As a recap, I passed through the expresstoll and found myself surrounded by cones, slowed down to see what was going on in time to see the two cops sitting on the side of the road with their blasted mph guns and then got pulled over. He said there were signs telling me that it was 55 in a construction zone and I was going 70. I didn't see any signs. The regular speed limit is 70. But who in their right mind argues with a cop while he's standing there with a pen in his hand? He tried to make me feel better by saying that he wasn't going to charge me double for the construction zone violation and wrote the 4 point ticket for only $162.00. Then he gave me the stuff about sending it in by a certain date, or showing up for court to contest it by another date.

I chose to contest it.

We showed up today. Ready to pay less of it and call it done. Instead, we get in line and the lady passes us a new sheet of paper. She proceeds to tell us that because it was within a 'construction zone' we can't offer a plea. And because we didn't pay it already, we now owe 188.50. Our other option is to set a further date and show up in court with the cop who wrote the ticket.

Pay more?

Ummmmm, mister cop man might have been kind enough to say that I wouldn't be able to plea. Huh.

Hmmmph. ( I keep making this noise to myself )

So I guess we're adjurned until December 9 at 2 pm. No way I was going to roll over and write them a check for $188 today.

No.

Way.

Hmmph.

Love you gize. Even after the cake contest. See how loyal I am?

2 comments:

Memzy said...

Fight the capitol and their speeding tickets!!

ps. how'd you get that fondant all swirly colored like?

E said...

^^I know the secret of the swirly.

That low-down, sneaky little rascal, good for nothin' cop!

PS. email me your addy, mmkay?